With an aim to turn Pune Metropolitan Region into a world-class economic growth engine for the country, a comprehensive plan is being put in place. This meticulous planning shall ensure that the focus is solely on the Pune Metropolitan Region (PMR) and a dedicated focus is established to attract Foreign Direct Investment (FDI).
The next steps of action include-
- Preparing a long-term Economic Development Plan.
- Enabling inter-agency coordination between various local governments for meeting the urbanisation goals set for PMR.
- Developing governance tools to achieve the highest ease of doing business with the use of information technology for proactive disclosure in public domain.
- Identifying and promoting economic drivers in sectors such as Manufacturing, Services, Tourism, Housing & other emerging sectors.
- Setting up a smart organization for optimally delivering services to the citizens of PMR.
- Establishing a Virtual Office and robust digital interphase.
- Preparing a Cultural Heritage Development Plan.
- In order to achieve the objective of highest ease of doing business in the PMR area, several design tools shall be deployed such as Preparation of Existing Land Use Plan, Micro-Mapping of the region, Geo-Referencing of all the land parcels as well as Terrain & Soil Strata Mapping. Also ,to facilitate business ease, a hassle free access to all necessary government offices shall be established.